Gurgaon Gramin Mahila Mandal (GGMM)
GGMM was formed as an initiative taken by few active rural women namely Sharda, Kunti devi, Kirni, Meena, Sunita, Kiran & few others. In order to put a structure to the NGO, they voluntarily got together and took due guidance from a retired Women Development Officer from Gurgaon Mrs. Shobha Lal and from eminent social workers from ‘All India Women Conference’ (a 75 years old Organization for women related issues with network across India and abroad). Later on, GGMM got affiliated by AIWC as its rural branch.
GGMM envisions women across India motivated and empowered to make their lives more secure and prosperous through education, better health, vocational training and supportive government schemes.
To empower women by several awareness camps, enabling them to implement Integrated Sustainable Village Development in select villages, undertake research & documentation, improve village governance, and establish an information & resource centre for women.
- To create awareness on women issues, Legal aid Education, Health, Income generation through Art, Media and Community base programmes.
- For the welfare of rural & urban women; initiate, participate and encourage through development programmes and a network of partner organizations.
- To conduct Research & Evaluation, implement social welfare projects on its own and/or with the Govt.
- To establish information centre connected with education and new developmental activities, in those areas where facilities are not available.
- To help women utilize their Fundamental Rights to the fullest conferred on them by the constitution of the Indian.